Sunday, July 17, 2016

Corn On The Cob

 I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to fire up the grill Saturday morning 2 hours before I had work, but I'll chalk it up to being one of those days where I feel like I can accomplish everything that comes to mind as soon as it comes to mind. Can you blame me though? Look how heavenly this corn looks! The best part? It was grown locally & responsibly in Baltimore by the Real Food Farm.*Actually, it's not grown by the Real Food Farm, but it is made available on their mobile farmers' market, through one of their partnerships.* 
The longest part? It's not the cooking, more so the cleaning the grates & getting the charcoal to light. Kingsford burns for a long time, but that may just be because it feels like it takes forever to start. I don't cook the corn on full flame. I used the full flame for chicken wings & the residual heat from the barely smoldering ashes for a nice steady roast.
Someone please explain to me how corn cob holders are an actual commodified good when corn comes with holders built in??  

1. Peel back the husk to just below the base of the cob, but don't remove it! Wash away any left over silk from the corn
2. brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil
3. Sprinkle with Old Bay (like everything else cooked in MD), fresh cracked black pepper, & dried basil
4. Roast on low heat, rotating every 2-3 minutes, for about 8-10 minutes

When you see the individual kernels start to prune like your fingers in water, they're cooked! I like to let the corn get a bit more color before I enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname